Applies basic principles of accounting and finance to analyze financial information and assists with monthly closing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct journal entries and prepare month-end closing analysis and documentation.
- Under close supervision, examines and analyzes financial information such as income/expense statements, balance sheet, and monthly/quarterly operating results. Develops and analyzes information to compare budgets to actual expenses. Tracks actual spending and reports/analyzes variances focusing on root cause analysis.
- Prepares basic reports and analyzes fluctuations, including but not limited to, Inventory, Sales, COGS, GM, Operating Expenses, NRE, and such.
- Will assist in the development, preparation and presentation of both short and long range financial plans and/or operating and capital budgets.
- Assists and provide information with the relevant internal/external audit through the preparation of reconciliation and the accounting records/financial statements.
Skills and Experience Required:
- High level MS Excel skill (vLookup; Pivot Tables, etc.)
- SAP ERP – highly desirable
- SAP BPC – Business planning and consolidation
- BS Accounting
- Enterprise company experience
- Finance experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in field from four-year college or university; (MBA or CPA preferable) with minimum 0-4+ years related experience; or Master’s degree in field with 2+ years’ experience.